- 2 slices whole grain bread, cubed
- ¼ cup shredded 2% cheese
- ½ cup sliced carrots
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon butter/no-trans-fat margarine
- ½ cup chopped tomato
- ½ cup snow peas
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup skim milk
- Place bread cubes evenly in 1½ -quart casserole coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese; set aside.
- In nonstick skillet, over medium heat, saute carrots, mushrooms, onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in tomato and snow peas; cook 1-2 minutes more. Spoon mixture over the cheese.
- In bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Pour over vegetables mixture. Bake at 375 degrees. For 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes.
Makes 6 servings