Vegetarian Chili with Brown Rice
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 cups no-salt vegetable broth
- 1 can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup no-salt added pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup shredded 2% cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions, bell peppers, celery and garlic. Cook and stir for 7 minutes.
- Add broth, tomatoes, rice, beans, oregano, chili powder, black pepper and cumin. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Uncover; cook 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Ladle chili into bowls; top each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese. Makes 6 servings.