- Homemade spaghetti sauce with unsalted canned tomato products
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces spinach leaves, washed, torn into small pieces
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- 3 cups reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 uncooked whole-grain lasagna noodles
- 1½ cups shredded 2% mozzarella cheese
- 1½ cup shredded 2% Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup water
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add carrots; cook and stir 4 minutes. Add zucchini; cook for 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add spinach; cook and stir until wilted. Stir in black pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat egg in medium bowl. Stir in ricotta cheese and ½ cup Parmesan cheese.
- Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce in bottom of 13x9-inch baking pan; top with 4 uncooked lasagna noodles. Spoon 1/3 of ricotta cheese mixture over noodles. Carefully spread evenly over the noodles.
- Spread 1/3 of vegetable mixture over cheese. Top with 1 cup sauce. Sprinkle ½ cup each mozzarella and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Repeat layers 2 times beginning with noodles and ending with mozzarella and Monterey Jack cheese. Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese.
- Carefully pour water around sides of pan. This will provide moisture to cook noodles. Cover tightly with foil. Bake lasagna for 1 hour or until bubbly. Uncover. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting into squares. Makes 8 servings.