Veggie Rice Bowl
- 1 package boil-in-bag brown rice
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 cup diced bell peppers
- 1½ teaspoons chili powder
- 4 Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 lime
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup salsa
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- In bowl stir together beans, peppers, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cover and microwave for 3 minutes or until hot.
- Thinly slice the Romaine lettuce leaves. Cut lime into wedges.
- To assemble, divide rice among the 4 bowls. Top with bean mixture and lettuce. Place a dollop of guacamole and salsa on top. Garnish with lime wedges and cilantro.
- Can also top with sour cream or shredded cheese, if desired.