- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- ½ cup diced celery
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken, no skin
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 large avocado, peeled and diced
- Heat oil over medium heat in large saucepan. Add onion, celery and pepper. Sauté for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in garlic, cumin, coriander and salt. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1 can beans. Mash with potato masher. This will thicken the chili.
- Stir in remaining can of beans, oregano, and chicken. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and then simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Before serving, stir cilantro and diced avocado into chili.