White Fish Baked over Vegetables
May 03, 2016
By: Rita P. Smith, MS, RD, CDE, Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital
- 4 (4-ounce) white fish such as sole, flounder, etc.
- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon fine unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli floret
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Place fish in shallow baking dish. Brush lightly with Italian dressing. Cover and refrigerate. In small bowl, combine bread crumbs with Parmesan cheese and paprika until blended.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Brush a large baking dish with oil. In large bowl, combine broccoli, corn, red pepper, onion, parsley, basil, salt and pepper.
- Spread vegetable mixture in baking dish. Cover with foil and bake until vegetables are tender about 35-40 minutes.
- Uncover dish and top vegetables with fish fillets. Cover again and bake until fish is barely cooked and still moist in thickest part, about 8-10 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with bread crumb mixture, and continue to bake, uncovered, until topping is golden, about 2-3 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.