Whole-Grain Breakfast Pancakes
- 1 cup whole wheat or white wheat flour
- ¼ cup rolled oats, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon toasted wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup skim or 1% milk
- 1¼ cups plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups assorted fresh berries
- In mixing bowl whisk together the flour, oats, wheat germ, sugar, and baking powder.
- In another bowl whisk together the milk and ½ cup yogurt with the egg whites. Add to the flour mixture and stir just until moistened. Batter will be lumpy – that’s okay.
- Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat until hot.
- Measure ¼ cup batter per pancake. Pour into the hot skillet, making 3-4 pancakes at a time. When bubbles show up on the top of the pancakes, flip with a spatula. Cook until golden browned.
- Transfer pancakes to a serving platter. Serve pancakes with fresh berries and a dollop of yogurt.
Make 12 pancakes.