Yellow Squash Casserole
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups peeled, cubed yellow squash
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped raw almonds
- 1 cup shredded 2% cheddar cheese
- ½ cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic in oil until softened. Add squash, salt and pepper; stir to combine. Cover skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until squash is softened. Transfer squash to a large bowl.
- Mix raw almonds and ½ cup cheese together in a bowl; stir into squash mixture. Whisk milk, flour and eggs together in small bowl. Stir into squash mixture.
- Coat 9x13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray. Pour squash mixture into casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in oven until casserole is golden brown, about 30 minutes.
Makes 8 servings.