- 2 pounds yellow squash or zucchini
- ½ onion, grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour plus more for dredging
- ¼ cup prepared pesto
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Grate squash. In bowl mix together the squash, onion, egg, flour, pesto, salt and pepper.
- Shape into 4-6 pancakes. Place on plate and refrigerate for 1 hour before cooking.
- When ready to cook, heat skillet over medium-high heat. Coat with cooking spray. Place a small amount of flour on plate. Lightly dredge the zucchini pancakes in the flour, and then place in skillet. Cook, turning once, to brown both sides; about 5 minutes per side.
- Serve hot. Grated cheese can replace the pesto.