Last updated November 20, 2020
At Sentara, the safety of our team members and patients is our highest priority. However, we recognize that there are times when having a visitor or family member present is vital.
NOTE: The following visitor policies took effect on Friday, November 20 at noon. This applies to most Sentara hospitals.
- All non-COVID-19 patients and patients who are not under investigation for COVID-19 who have imaging appointments, outpatient procedures, and appointments at our clinical practices may have only one visitor in the facility at a time.*
- All Obstetric patients may have one designated birth support person, who may remain with them throughout delivery and the remainder of their postpartum stay.
- Cancer Center: No visitors.
- Emergency Department: No visitors.
- End-of-life patients may have two visitors.
- No visitors are permitted for Lab visits.*
- Visitors 12 and under are prohibited from our hospital.
- Visitors must have their temperature taken, wear a mask and be screened along with using sanitizer before entering the facility.
*Certain exceptions apply
Please note that certain Sentara hospitals may have additional visitor guidelines, so we recommend checking with the facility before planning a visit.
All visitors will be screened and have their temperatures taken by a no-touch device before entering the building and will be required to wear a mask. Sentara will provide a community-made mask to visitors who do not have their own.
Sentara is taking all necessary precautions to keep our hospitals safe and clean. You can expect all areas of our hospitals to be carefully cleaned and disinfected on an ongoing basis. All employees are also masked for your protection.