Learning that you have breast cancer can change your life and the lives of those close to you. Sentara is here to help.
It's normal for you, your family and your friends to need help coping with the feelings that such a diagnosis can bring.
Concerns about treatments and managing side effects, hospital stays and medical bills are common. You may also worry about caring for your family, keeping your job or continuing daily activities.
Breast cancer online resources:
Support programs at Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital:
- Complementary massage, dietary and social worker consultations and chaplaincy services. Contact the Cancer Resource Center at 434-654-8401 for more information.
- Yoga and exercise classes designed especially for cancer patients and survivors
- Breast Cancer Support Groups - contact 434-654-8407 for more information or to register
- Look Good, Feel Better – A free, community-based class that teaches female cancer patients beauty techniques to help restore their appearance and self-image during chemotherapy and radiation treatments. Register by calling the Cancer Resource Center at 434-654-8401.
- Complementary wigs and head coverings from Marianne's Room – contact 434-654-8401 for more information
- Something Special Shop, offering a full, compassionate image recovery services