Sentara Martha Jefferson offers a variety of childbirth classes to get you and your partner ready for the birth of your new baby. Our team of childbirth educators and lactation consultants offer over 30 years of experience in their field and are ready to help to empower and strengthen you while you prepare for the birth of your child.
• Preparation for Childbirth - 4 Week Class
• Preparation for Childbirth – Fast Track 2 Day Class
• Preparation for Childbirth – Fast Track Weekend Class
• Preparation for Childbirth - Fast Track 1 Day Class
• Understanding Birth – eClass
• Free Breastfeeding Classes
• Free Tour for Expectant Parents
• Free Sibling Class for 4-7 Years Old
• Family and Friends CPR
Postpartum Support Group
Our “Welcome to Motherhood” support group that meets on the first and third Thursday of the month at 10:30 a.m. No registration is necessary. We also offer a closed group Facebook page for new mothers.
The mission statement of Sentara Martha Jefferson’s Childbirth Educators
Our program is founded on the strong belief that women’s bodies know how to birth if given confidence and faith to surrender themselves to the powerful forces of birth. These classes are giving women the ability to trust their bodies and the knowledge to guide both her and her partner through the birth process to a heightened sense of self. Our role as educators is not to define birth, but to enable each woman to have a voice in the decisions made surrounding her labor. We do not see the process ending here. We are hopeful that the knowledge and skills gained through our childbirth series will carry them into the challenges that lie ahead.