Why Choose Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital?
Welcome to the Family Birthing Center at Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital. We are excited about helping you to have the experience that you want during this amazing and miraculous time. After visiting other maternity centers and helping countless women give birth we designed our Center specifically to fulfill your needs, with:
- Spacious, private birthing rooms where you can labor, deliver, and recover, with all the comforts of home, as well as the latest technology.
- Whirlpool tubs available for relaxation during labor.
- The Operation Room (for Caesarean births) and the mother/baby rooms (for postpartum recovery) are in our Center, not on another floor or in another wing.
- Nursing stations are close to the patient rooms, which means more staff to answer phone calls quicker and respond to call bells sooner. It also creates a family like atmosphere among the nurses, new moms, and new babies.
- Centrally located nursery, so if you choose to use the nursery, your baby is still nearby
- We offer a Level II Special Care Nursery. The nursery provides care for babies born after 34 weeks of gestation who need to be watched closely or receive extra care following birth.
- We offer a dedicated staff and educational resources to help you plan your ideal maternity experience including helping expectant mothers map out a low-intervention birth plan.