Why Choose Sentara
Why Choose Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital?
The Sentara Martha Jefferson Sleep Medicine Center offers a comfortable, home-like setting where board-certified physicians evaluate and treat sleep disorders.
Both of our convenient locations provide you with a private, comfortable night’s sleep where, using state-of-the-art technology, studies are performed under the direct observation of trained sleep technologists.
We understand that coming in to have people watch you sleep may not be very conducive to sleep. This is a time when you are vulnerable and are in need of a peaceful, comforting environment. That’s why we pay attention to every detail of your visits, from our welcoming staff to surroundings designed to make your experience as pleasant as possible.
Most of our patients will go to our facilities located within the Hilton Garden Inn. The Center uses six hotel rooms, including one handicapped-accessible room, all located on the second floor.
American Academy of Sleep Medicine
The Sentara Martha Jefferson Sleep Medicine Center was pleased to receive accreditation from the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM).
The AASM's Standards for Accreditations and guidelines are designed to guarantee quality and meet the needs of patients and referring physicians.
Some of the AASM requirements and objectives include:
- Clean, comfortable patient environment where patient dignity and safety are upheld.
- Adherence to evidence based practice parameters.
- Knowledgeable, trained technical staff.
- Requirement of the presence of a sleep specialist, reviewing all sleep studies conducted at the facility.
- Professional and technical staff members who are required to remain current in the field of sleep medicine.
- Relationship with appropriate clinical specialties.
- Quality assurance plan with several QA parameters are regularly monitored.