What happens when I am diagnosed?
Our thoracic program provides first-time appointments, second-opinion consults, ongoing treatment and follow-up visits. When you receive a diagnosis of a lung or chest condition, you can access a variety of Sentara hospitals via our network of physicians and supporting facilities, including imaging, rehabilitation and diagnostic care.
- Lung Cancer Facts: American Lung Association
- Cancer: American Cancer Society
- Cancer: National Cancer Institute
- Cancer: Cancer Information Service
- Thoracic Definitions and Outcomes: Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute
- Sentara Tobacco Cessation Resource Guide
We offer a number of support groups. Find a support group near you.