Sentara MyChart e-Visit
What is an e-Visit?
An e-Visit is a secure and convenient electronic way to manage a medical problem with your provider.
An e-Visit can be used for specific minor medical problems (Urinary Tract Infection, Pink Eye, and Cough/cold / sinus congestion). It involves using Sentara MyChart to electronically answer a series of questions about your medical condition. Your provider will evaluate your responses along with your medical history to provide you with a treatment plan the same as you would receive through an office visit.
Like a routine office visit, an e-Visit becomes part of your permanent medical record.
Where do you access an e-Visit?
You must have access to Sentara MyChart to do an e-Visit. You can find the e-Visit link in the Sentara MyChart Message Center.
Who can do an e-Visit?
e-Visits are available at select locations for MyChart participants who have an established relationship with their provider.
What conditions are eligible for an e-Visit?
e-Visits are currently offered for the following medical problems:
- Bladder infection (UTI)
- Cough, Cold and Sinus Congestion
- Pink eye / Eye infection (Conjunctivitis)
What is the cost of an e-Visit?
- Like an office visit with your physician, an e-Visit is a billable service. The fees will be billed after the service is received.
- e-Visits may not be covered by your insurance.
- e-Visit cost is $49.00
What should you expect?
e-Visits are not to be used for emergencies
You can expect a response from an e-Visit the same day or next business day, depending on the time when you submit an e-Visit.
If you have non-emergent needs, you can also:
- Use the scheduling feature within Sentara MyChart to schedule a physician office appointment
- Travel to the closest Sentara Medical Group Urgent Care Center. Find a location near you at www.sentara.com/urgentcare
What if I have other questions?
Use the 'Ask Customer Service' feature or the 'Contact Dr. Office' feature via Sentara MyChart for questions.