Sentara Comprehensive Weight Loss Solutions Conference
This one day continuing medical education conference will provide physicians and allied health providers with the most current, practical information about many facets of the treatment of obesity and its associated co-morbid conditions. Presentations will involve aspects of the medical and surgical treatment of obesity, dietary and physical approaches to management as well as psychological issues surrounding obesity. Additional topics include the management of obese children, and adults with orthopedic and diabetic co-morbid conditions.
Course Director: Stephen D. Wohlgemuth, MD, FACS, FASMBS
Target Audience: Family Medicine Physicians, Internists, Hospitalists, Pediatricians, OB/GYNs, Specialty Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, RNs, and other Allied Health Professionals.
View our brochure for information and conference agenda.
After completing this activity, participants should be better able to:
- Identify the relationship between metabolism and diabetes and the effects on obesity.
- Illustrate the new technique of sleeve gastrectomy in bariatric surgery.
- Examine the comorbid topics of reconstructive plastic surgery, orthopedics and gastroenterology and their relationship with the obese patient.
- Describe the challenges of treating childhood obesity.
- Apply lifestyle-based therapies for obesity, including nutritional, physical activity, and behavioral approaches.
Sentara Healthcare is accredited by the Medical Society of Virginia (MSV) to provide continuing medical education for the physicians.
Sentara Healthcare designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s). Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Virginia Board of Medicine
Physicians may claim up to 6.25 in Type 1 or Type 2 CME on the Virginia Board of Medicine Continued Competency and Assessment Form required for the renewal of an active medical license.
For more information contact: Debra Rutherford
Sentara Healthcare Physician Education