Genemarie McGee is a Corporate Vice President and the Chief Nursing Officer of Sentara Healthcare. She is responsible for the oversight and coordination of nursing care across the Sentara system. Nursing at Sentara is focused on the delivery of safe, high quality, patient-centered nursing care.
McGee has held several positions within Sentara Healthcare, including Nurse Executive and Vice President of Patient Care Services at Sentara Leigh Hospital, Director of Emergency Services and Nightingale Regional Air Ambulance and Ambulatory Care Clinics at Sentara Norfolk General Hospital. Sentara nursing is engaged in many aspects of the nursing profession. Scholarly work, process improvement, nurse/patient satisfaction and shared decision making are a few areas of focus. Before moving to Virginia, she worked in various Baltimore hospitals including Johns Hopkins Hospital, Franklin Square Hospital and Sinai Hospital.
Current Professional Affiliations
- American Organization of Nurse Executives and Leaders (AONE)
- Virginia Organization of Nurse Executives and Leaders (VONEL)
- Tidewater Emergency Medical Services (Board Member)
- Governor’s Advisory Board for Emergency Medical Services
Previous Professional Affiliations
- Virginia’s EMS Advisory Board (Board Member)
- State Medevac Chair (VA)
- J&J / Wharton Fellow for Nursing Management
- University of Maryland, Baltimore (Baltimore, Md.) – M.S. in Nursing
- East Carolina University (Greenville, N.C.) – BS in Nursing
- ANCC - NEA-BC (Nurse Executive Advanced – Board Certified)