Jason A. Studley is the president of Sentara Halifax Regional Hospital located in South Boston, Virginia and serving a five-county area in Southern Virginia. Studley, who has more than a decade of healthcare experience, joined Sentara in March 2018.
Prior to joining Sentara, Studley served as president and chief executive officer of Trinity Hospital of Augusta in Augusta, Georgia from 2012-2018. During this time, Studley established Level II NICU, spearheaded the development of a Level III Trauma Center, developed a 16-bed, inpatient geriatric psychiatry program and expanded services to include outpatient and intensive outpatient treatment clinic, opened new percutaneous cardiac intervention program, boosted employee satisfaction from 87% to 98%, and oversaw $33M in major capital expenditures through new technology upgrades and new service lines.
He also served as the chief executive officer of L.V. Stabler Memorial Hospital in Greenville, Alabama from 2010 – 2012. During his tenure there, Studley led the acquisition of multi-specialty practice consisting of pediatrician, otolaryngologist, and internal medicine physicians, recruited additional six family practice and one invasive cardiologist, established a Sports Medicine Clinic, encompassing six county region for high school athletics, and increased overall physician satisfaction from 41% to 100% on overall satisfaction.
- American College of Healthcare Executives (Fellow)
- Georgia Hospital Association & Georgia Association of Healthcare Executives
- American Heart Association (Executive Leadership Team Member)
- Rotary Member
- Health Science Advisory Board, Truman State University
- Master of Health Administration (MHA) - Austin Peay State University, Clarksville, TN
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Health Administration - Truman State University, Kirksville, MO
Studley, a native of New Franklin, MO, moved to South Boston, VA in 2018. He and his wife have two young children and are excited about their new journey in Southern VA. Studley enjoys camping, restoring classic cars, and other outdoor activities.