Mike Gentry is Executive Vice President and the Chief Operating Officer for Sentara Healthcare. Appointed to the position in 2016, Gentry is responsible for the overall operations of Sentara provider divisions, including 12 hospitals, Sentara Life Care Corporation and Sentara Enterprises. He has been with Sentara Healthcare since 2008.
Before joining Sentara, Gentry served for eight years as President and Chief Executive Officer of the Florida Hospital (FH) Memorial System. Prior to that, Gentry spent 10 years with Park Ridge Hospital in North Carolina, the last five of which he served as the President and Chief Executive Officer.
Current Professional Affiliations
- American College of Healthcare Executives (Fellow)
- American Hospital Association (Member)
- Virginia Hospital and Healthcare Association (Board of Directors)
- CIVIC Leadership Institute (Board of Directors)
Previous Professional Affiliations
- Central Business District Association of Virginia Beach (Board of Directors)
- Virginia Beach Vision (Board of Directors)
- Bay Youth Orchestra of Virginia (Board of Directors)
- FoodBank of Southeastern Virginia (Board of Directors)
- La Sierra University (Riverside, CA) – MBA
- Southern College (Collegedale, TN) – BS in Business Management