Dr. Thomas Thames
Dr. Thomas B. Thames is the President for Sentara Princess Anne Hospital, a 160-bed facility within the Sentara Healthcare system. Dr. Thames has been at Sentara Princess Anne since January 2014. During his tenure, the facility has been recognized by the Leapfrog Group with the "Top Hospital" Award (2014) and by NRC Picker as the 2015 Innovative Best Practice Award winner for recognition of excellence in patient-centered service.
Prior to his current role, Dr. Thames was the Vice President of Medical Affairs for Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital where he was responsible for overseeing patient safety and clinical quality.
Dr. Thames served as Vice President of Medical Affairs at Sentara Obici Hospital, a 138-bed community hospital in Suffolk, Virginia. Prior to joining Sentara Healthcare, he served in several roles including Chief Medical Officer for Bon Secours Hampton Roads in Norfolk, Virginia. Dr. Thames also had his own private medical practice in Norfolk for 10 years.
Current Professional Affiliations
- Princess Anne Ambulatory Surgery Center (Board Member)
- College of William and Mary (Williamsburg, VA) – Mini-MBA Program
- University of Florida (Gainesville, FL) – Post Doctoral Residency
- Duke University (Durham, NC) – M.D.
- Duke University (Durham, NC) – MHA
- Duke University (Durham, NC) - BS