Chris Roberts is manager of the Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital emergency department. After witnessing a tragic accident as a child, Roberts was inspired to commit his career to helping others in emergency situations. In his current position, he oversees all clinical and clerical staff in the emergency department to ensure efficient operation. Further, he leverages his expertise to assess, plan, provide and evaluate professional nursing care of the highest possible quality.
Prior to leading the emergency department, Roberts served as a charge nurse in the Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital intensive care unit. Before joining the Sentara team, he held the position of cardiac Technician at Carilion Patient Transportation Services EMS Division.
Areas of Interest or Specialty
- Emergency Services
- Emergency Management
Education & Training
Certified Emergency Nurse
Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Administration
Columbia Southern University, Orange Beach, Ala.
Bachelor of Science in Family and Childhood Development
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Va.
Associate Degree in Nursing, Summa Cum Laude
Jefferson College of Health Sciences, Roanoke, Va.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Va.
Associate Degree in Emergency Medical Technology- Intermediate
Southwest Community College, Richlands, Va.
Affiliations & Societies
- Emergency Nurses Association
- Sentara Emergency Management Committee
- Virginia Tech Rescue Squad Life Member
Awards & Distinctions
- Outstanding Emergency Nurse, Virginia Beach EMS
- Emergency Nurse of the Year, Tidewater Regional EMS
- Cellar Fund Scholarship, Virginia Tech Rescue Squad
- Dr. Alfred Krebs Award, Virginia Tech Rescue Squad
- Medic of the Year, Carilion Patient Transportation Services EMS Division
- Excellence in Nursing Award, Jefferson College of Health Sciences
“Keep It Clean: A Visual Approach to Reinforce Hand Hygiene Compliance in the Emergency Department,” Journal of Emergency Nursing, March 2015