Thomas S. Weber, M.D.
Dr. Weber is actively involved in multiple aspects of healthcare delivery at Sentara RMH Medical Center, where he serves as co-medical director for the Sentara RMH Orthopedics and Sports Medicine program and as medical director for the Division of Sports Medicine and the physical therapy program. As co-director, Dr. Weber facilitated the growth of Sentara RMH Orthopedics and Sports Medicine from two providers to 14 in eight years. He was also instrumental in the planning and construction of a state-of-the-art orthopedic and advanced imaging center on the Sentara RMH health campus.
He is active on the Sentara RMH Physician Leadership Council, where physicians and hospital administrators meet to address budget and operations issues; the Physician Engagement Council, involved with strategic development for the hospital and its departments; and the Physician Information Systems Group, which spearheaded the implementation of the Epic electronic medical record at Sentara RMH.
In addition to his patient practice at Sentara RMH, Dr. Weber serves as head team physician for James Madison University’s club sports and student health physician, as well as head team physician for Bridgewater College. He also is medical director the athletics division of Rockingham County Public Schools, supervising four area athletic trainers and providing support for several local high school sports programs. Before relocating to Virginia, he was team physician for Milwaukee Momentum Women’s Professional Football Team, Wisconsin Rodeo Cowboys Association, The Ohio State University and Ohio Wesleyan University.
Clinical Areas of Interest or Specialty
- Sports Medicine (nonsurgical)
Medical Education & Training
- Doctor of Medicine: The Medical College of Wisconsin (1994–1998)
- Internship: University of Virginia Medical Center
- Residency: University of Virginia Medical Center (1998–2001)
- Fellowship: Sports Medicine—Ohio State University (2001–2002)
Certifications, Awards & Distinctions
- American Board of Family Medicine
- Certificate of Additional Qualification (Sports Medicine)
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine