Home Rehabilitation Services
Sentara Halifax Home Health offers a comprehensive spectrum of home rehabilitation therapies to help our patients achieve and maintain their highest level of independence.
Our team of physical, occupational and speech therapists teach, guide and assist our patients to get back on their feet after surgery and help them relearn and practice the activities of daily living.
- Evaluation of disabilities
- Gait assessment and training
- Therapeutic exercises and muscle re-education
- Strengthening/endurance Safety/durable medical equipment needs
- Mobility/transfer training Balance/postural training
- Home environment assessment
- Wheelchair assessment
- Retraining in activities of daily living
- Adaptive equipment/splints
- Upper extremity muscle re-education
- Perceptual motor facilitation
- Receptive/expressive communication
- Articulation/fluency/voice training
- Cognitive functioning Dysphagia/oral motor facilitation
Education is provided for the patient and caregiver about the disease process, proper use of the equipment and tips to avoid problems. Our medical staff is available 24 hours a day.
- Medication compliance
- Infection prevention
- Coagulation therapy
Our exceptional team is made up of carefully selected and screened professionals who provide the same high quality care that physicians and patients alike have come to expect from Sentara. You can be confident that our staff treats patients and family members with the utmost care and respect.
We work directly with physicians and hospital case managers and discharge planners to ensure a smooth transition from hospital or skilled care to home. A staff professional meets with and/or assesses the needs of the patient.