Why Choose Sentara?
Sentara Halifax Home Health is the quality choice for the home health care you need. We teach, guide and assist our patients to achieve and maintain their highest level of independence. We are also committed to be respectful, compassionate and aware that it’s an honor to be invited into your home to serve and partner with you on your healthcare journey.
Full Spectrum of Home Care Services
Sentara Home Care Services offers a full spectrum of services to meet the individual needs of patients of all ages.
- We are able to provide care to help manage a variety of conditions at home, including respiratory conditions, heart failure, diabetes and more.
- We are always looking for ways to improve care, comfort and safety, and have leveraged technology and easy-to-use remote monitoring tools to help make this possible.
- Our team of physical, occupational and speech therapists teach and medical social worker, guide and assist our patients to get back on their feet after surgery or illness. We help them relearn and practice the activities of daily living.
- Patients receiving intravenous medications through infusion therapy at home find it safer and easier than ever thanks to state-of-the-art, user friendly, available pumps and resources. We closely with IV companies to obtain the most appropriate pump or device for each individual patient and circumstance.
- We work closely with our hospice team to coordinate and transition care for those with life threatening and terminal illness. The hospice team will consult with our patients and caregivers as needed.
We Provide a Team You Can Trust
Physicians, patients and family members experience the ease of dealing with just one home care agency and the peace of mind knowing that agency is backed by Sentara, a health system nationally recognized for its excellence of care.
Our exceptionally trained staff of skilled professional caregivers provides the same high quality care that physicians and patients alike have come to expect from Sentara. You can be confident that our highly credentialed, carefully selected and screened staff will treat patients and family members with the utmost care and respect. Team members may include:
- Registered and licensed practical nurses
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Speech therapist
- Home health aides
- Medical social workers
Accredited, Award-Winning Care
Sentara Halifax Home Health Services is accredited by The Joint Commission.
The agency is Medicare-Medicaid Certified and belongs to a number of state and national organizations, including:
- The Virginia Association of Home Care and Hospice
- National Association of Home Care and Hospice
- Health Quality Innovators
- Home Health Quality Improvement participating agency
For more information or a Home Health Consult please call 434-517-3339 or 1-800-423-1276.