Why Choose Sentara
Sentara Halifax Regional Hospital’s Family Birthing Center offers state-of-the-art services to mothers and their families. Our staff is specially trained to make your time with us as pleasant and safe as it can be. We perform approximately 500 deliveries each year.
- 24-hour coverage by OB/GYN and pediatric physicians
- A C-section room attached to our labor and delivery area with 24-hour availability
- Up-to-date security with ADT proximity, a badge-swipe lock-down system and surveillance cameras throughout the department
- Secretary/notary who submits information necessary to obtain birth certificates. Each mother is provided with a hospital proof of birth letter but will need to obtain the actual birth certificate from the Division of Vital Records, State Health Department. Our secretary can also help obtain Acknowledgement of Paternity if needed.
- Outpatient services, including prenatal testing
- Nurses who are Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certified. Two of our nurses are NRP instructors.
- An “Inn Touch” room, for mothers who have been discharged but their babies have not. Ask our staff for details about this program.