Jonathan S. Davis, FACHE, is the President of Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital, a 176-bed facility and has oversight responsibilities for Sentara Halifax Regional Hospital a 192-bed facility. Mr. Davis has been at Sentara Martha Jefferson since January 2015. During his tenure, the facility has grown with the introduction of new surgical and procedural services, received its third consecutive Magnet® recognition for nursing excellence, was awarded a 5 Star Rating by The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services “CMS” and received many national accreditations to include the nation’s first Primary Stroke Plus Center by Det Norke Veitras (DNV).
Prior to joining Sentara healthcare, Mr. Davis served as President of Methodist Charlton Medical Center in Dallas. Under his leadership, the hospital experienced significant growth prompting expansion and the opening of a new 128-bed tower including a 69-bed long-term care unit and adding a 14-bed hospice unit and grew to provide robotic surgery and cardiothoracic surgery.
Mr. Davis’ career started in patient care in the early-90’s and grew through middle management to several President & CEO appointments including two within the largest faith-based health systems in the United States, Ascension -Via Christi Health and CHI St. Vincent Health System.
Current Professional Affiliations
- United Way - Thomas Jefferson Area (Board Member)
- Boys & Girls Club of Central Virginia (Board Member)
- Charlottesville Regional Chamber of Commerce (Board Member)
- Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine (New Orleans, LA) – MPH
- Northern Arizona University (Flagstaff, AZ) – MA
- Arkansas State University (Jonesboro, AR) – BS