Sentara Healthcare has a mission of improving health every day. This is accomplished, in part, through our partnerships with dozens of nonprofit groups. Sentara teams up with these organizations to fund numerous programs throughout our region.
In 2015, through our Community Benefit Sponsorship Program, the Sentara Health Foundation provided $98,750 to 35 nonprofit organizations, associations and institutions. In an effort to improve community health, Sentara assists in fundraising efforts and supports education and prevention activities as well as other important initiatives.
Some general guidelines are:
- Sponsorships should help to improve the health status of the community.
- As a matter of policy, sponsorships are typically not awarded for golf tournaments, galas, league sports, alcohol- or gambling-themed events and fundraisers, individuals, individual scholarships, individual school and athletic events, fundraisers, conferences, endowments and non-volunteer public service organizations.
Please refer to the complete sponsorship guidelines for a complete list.
The Sentara Health Foundation Sponsorship Review Committee meets quarterly to review applications which meet the criteria for funding consideration.
- For events in January – March 2016, the application deadline is November 23, 2015.
- For events in April – June 2016, the application deadline is March 7, 2016.
- For events in July – September 2016, the application deadline is June 6, 2016.
- For events October – December 2016, the application deadline is Sept. 5, 2016.
If you have any questions regarding sponsorship, please call 757-455-7976.