Sentara CarePlex introduces maternity services
New program provides expectant families on the Lower Peninsula high quality care close to home
Sentara CarePlex Hospital is introducing maternity services in January, 2018 to provide an exceptional, desired birthing experience for women and their families on the Lower Peninsula.
The new program will feature a uniquely modern delivery environment and amenities including:
- Seven labor, deliver, recovery, postpartum (LDRP) suites. These rooms enable expecting mothers to go through the full labor to postpartum journey in one room which makes moms and families feel comfortable and at home. Sentara Healthcare is the only healthcare system on the Peninsula that has the LDRP model with it being offered at both Sentara CarePlex Hospital and Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center
- Accommodations for doulas
- A nursery, which can be utilized if needed by the new parents
- Innovative technology in each suite to keep parents and babies safe and comfortable
- Educational classes for families before, during and after pregnancy
- Two triage beds
- One C-Section operating room
Additionally, the program will have comprehensive coverage from trusted community physicians.
“Opening this new maternity program is a direct reflection of our commitment to supporting the growth of the Peninsula,” said Debra A. Flores, president, Sentara CarePlex Hospital. “We spoke to, surveyed and researched women and families to understand their needs and specifically designed the birthing experience at Sentara CarePlex Hospital to exceed expectations. It’s our privilege to contribute to the future of the Lower Peninsula by helping bring our newest neighbors into the world.”
The new unit will complement the existing maternity program at Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center, which has been providing families on the Peninsula high quality care for more than a decade and recently celebrated the birth of its 10,000th baby. Further, the program adds to the comprehensive network of services Sentara offers for women on the Peninsula, which include:
- Genetic testing for obstetrics and fetal medicine
- Post-menopausal care
- Gynecology including pelvic pain and incontinence
- Full spectrum of care for conditions like cancer and orthopedic care
Sentara encourages pregnant women and those planning pregnancies to speak with their care providers about delivering at Sentara CarePlex Hospital. To learn about the new maternity program visit our website or visit our Facebook group at www.facebook.com/SentaraCarePlex.
Located in Hampton, Va., Sentara CarePlex Hospital is a 224-bed hospital that offers advanced surgical programs, emergency cardiac intervention and fellowship-trained physicians. Additionally, it is a Certified Primary Stroke Center and is home to the Orthopaedic Hospital at Sentara CarePlex Hospital, the area’s first dedicated orthopedic hospital.