SWRMC celebrates 10,000 babies
3rd Annual Children’s Health Expo provides safety education and fun activities for kids
On June 24, Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical will celebrate its milestone of delivering 10,000 babies in conjunction with hosting its 3rd Annual Children’s Health Expo. Families in the community are invited to join our team at the event and participate in activities including:
- Safe Kids injury prevention training including fire safety, water safety and medication safety, among other topics (in partnership with Safe Kids Historical Triangle)
- Superhero-themed hospital tours of the Emergency Department, Family Maternity Center, Surgical Services and Inpatient Pediatric Unit
- Raffle drawling with prizes from community sponsors
- Birthday party for all 10,000 babies and families featuring a scholarship award for the 10,000th baby
- Diaper drive to benefit a community baby shower for indigent families
The event will also include a number of community partners that offer children’s services such as learning/development, physical activity and resource support.
“We feel honored to have been alongside the mothers and fathers of 10,000 babies as they’ve welcomed the newest members of their families,” said David Masterson, president, Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center. “It is a privilege to provide healthcare for our community and these maternity services are just one part of our overall, ongoing commitment to providing comprehensive care for women, children and families in the community.”
The Children’s Health Expo and birthday party will take place on June 24 between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. at Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center located at 100 Sentara Circle, Williamsburg, VA 23188. Admission is free of charge.