2016 Sentara Neuroscience Conference
Review advances in the care of the neuroscience patient from a multidisciplinary and interprofessional perspective to provide updated medical information for providers to enhance optimal patient outcomes. This activity will review leading edge advances in the care for dementia, dizziness, stroke, headache, tremor, back pain, and access to care.
Continental Breakfast and Registration will begin at 7:15 a.m. and lunch will be provided. An Exhibit Hall with industry leaders will also be available.
Family Physicians, Internal Medicine and Subspecialists, Hospitalists, Geriatricians, Emergency Medicine Physicians, Neurologists, Neurosurgeons, Interventional Radiologists, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, Physical Therapists, Rehabilitation Specialists and other Allied Health Professionals
At the end of this activity, learners will be able to:
- Recognize advances in the multidisciplinary approach between primary care and neurology providers when caring for the neurology patient.
- Formulate strategies addressing the treatment of acute neurological emergencies.
- Summarize therapies for the initial screening and treatment of headache, dizziness and back pain.
- Analyze innovative ways to improve access to care for the neurology patient.
- Create partnerships between primary care providers and neurologists to develop a complete continuum of services for the neurology patient.
Sentara Healthcare designates this live educational activity for a maximum of seven (7.00) AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Virginia Board of Medicine
Physicians may claim up to seven (7.00) in Type 1 or Type 2 CME on the Virginia Board of Medicine Continued Competency and Assessment Form required for the renewal of an active medical license.
The Founders Inn and Spa
5641 Indian River Rd
Virginia Beach, VA 23464
Lush landscaping and colorful english gardens accent the grounds of the founders inn and spa. From the grand Georgian Architecture, to lovely antiques and elegant period furnishings, the charm of this hotel combines the warmth and hospitality of a country inn with all the finest amenities for the ultimate in recreation and relaxation.