Effective Monday, March 16, all routine visiting is being suspended until the transmission of COVID-19 is no longer a threat to our patients, staff and community. Exceptions include:
- Obstetric patients may have one partner and one birth support person accompany them.
- Nursery and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) patients may have 2 parents, legal guardians, or caregivers who must remain in the room for the duration of the visit.
- Patients who are at the end-of-life may have 2 visitors.
- Patients with disruptive behavior, where a family member is key to their care, may have 1 visitor.
- Patients who have altered mental status or developmental delays (where caregiver provides safety) may have 1 visitor.
- Minors under the age of 18 may have 1 visitor, either a parent or a guardian.
Visitors age 12 and under are prohibited inside our hospitals. Visitors allowed must stay in the patient's room the entire time of the visit. Once the visitor leaves the patient room, they must leave the hospital immediately.
Sentara Emergency Departments
The safety of our team members and patients is our highest priority. Effective March 26, 2020, NO visitors are allowed in our Emergency Departments (ED) except:
- Patients with altered mental status, developmental delays or behavioral concerns may have 1 visitor.
- Minors under the age of 18 may have 1 visitor, either a parent or guardian.
- Patients who are critically ill or critically injured may have 1 visitor.