Outpatient rehabilitation services also offer comprehensive therapy services including speech, physical and occupational therapy. In addition, outpatient rehabilitation services sponsors a stroke support group for stroke survivors and care givers, held on the third Wednesday of each month at Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center.
Our therapists have full access to the YMCA's fully stocked Wellness Center for use during therapy sessions. This creates the perfect bridge for patients as they are discharged from therapy and transitioning to an independent
Pool privileges are available for the specialized aquatic therapy program, which includes a designated warm water therapy area.
Additionally, outpatient rehabilitation services is part of the Sentara eCare Network® and connects your therapy information to your electronic medical record and goes with you wherever you go within Sentara.
Services and Treatments
Physical Therapy Services
Occupational Therapy Services
- Aphasia, apraxia, dysarthria treatment
- Cognitive assessment and training
- Neuromuscular electrical stimulation (Vital Stim)
- Speech and language assessment and treatment for children
- Voice therapy, including Lee Silverman voice therapy (LSVT) for Parkinson’s disease
In-house foot orthotic fabrication is available upon request or physician referral.