The Sentara Heart Center, constructed in October 2005, is a portal to a sophisticated array of quality cardiac services at Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital (SVBGH). The Center offers comprehensive heart care from prevention and early detection of heart disease to treatment and rehabilitation, in addition to providing access to specialized heart clinics, advanced cardiac imaging and the latest clinical research.
SVBGH is one of three locations within the Sentara Heart network of care that provides a quality heart surgery program. The highly skilled cardiothoracic surgeons, cardiac anesthesiologists and cardiologists, who practice at nationally ranked Sentara Heart Hospital, have created a program that is deserving of the Virginia Beach community and remains an important component of the comprehensive and sophisticated overall heart care at Sentara Heart.
Why choose Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital for cardiac care?
- Leader in providing timely acute cardiac care minimizing door-to-balloon time
- Accredited as a chest pain center
- Highly talented cardiologists are leaders in providing access to the latest research and treatment for people with heart disease
- Online reporting for non-invasive cardiac testing
- Catheterization lab nurses and technicians are certified Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialists (RCIS)
- Access to our exclusive Pocket EKG cardiac screening program
- Comprehensive diagnostic cardiac testing
- Two state-of-the-art catheterization labs
- One dedicated cardiac surgery operating room
- 10 pre- and post-procedure rooms
- Dedicated cardiac surgery intensive care unit
- bed dedicated cardiac unit , including 1bed cardiac critical care unit and a 34-bed cardiac progressive care unit
- Integrated electronic medical record – Sentara eCare®
Learn more about Sentara Heart.