Sentara Virginia Beach Outpatient Pharmacy
1060 First Colonial Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23456
Open 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., closed on weekends and major holidays
Fill prescriptions efficiently and conveniently through a Sentara outpatient hospital pharmacy. Before patients leave the hospital, they can fill prescriptions on the spot without making an extra stop on their way home.
An outpatient hospital pharmacy can fill prescriptions written for clinic and hospital discharge patients, as well as prescriptions for employees and their immediate families. Prescriptions can be sent to the pharmacy by phone, voicemail or direct drop-off.
The Sentara computer network is linked through the Sentara eCare Health Network®. Electronic medical records enable better collaboration and communication between physicians, resulting in an even higher quality care for patients. Safeguards built into the system enhance patient safety by preventing errors and detecting potential drug interactions.
Outpatient Hospital Pharmacy Services:
- Free delivery for Sentara employees at select sites
- 90-day prescriptions, for only two copayments, for Sentara Optima Health plan employees
- Specialty medications
- Prescription compounding on select medications
- Special medical equipment (hip kits, breast pumps) at select sites
- Over-the-counter drugs available (herbals, specialty meds for gastric bypass surgery)
- Pharmacist consultation
Because of the nonprofit status, Sentara outpatient hospital pharmacies only service:
- Patients receiving care at Sentara
- Patients attending Sentara clinics
- Sentara staff, including volunteers