Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center sponsors an active chaplaincy program to meet the spiritual needs of our patients and their families. Our program serves persons of all faith and religious persuasions, as well as those who have no religious affiliation. Hospital chaplains are available in times of crisis, emergency or emotional need. We hope you will call us whenever you require spiritual support and your family clergy is not able to be present.
Chaplains at Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center assist with the following:
- Religious needs such as prayer, confession or sacraments
- Feelings of anxiety, confusion or anger that arise from surgery, diagnosis, lifestyle changes or long-term treatment
- Improving communications between patients, staff and family members
- Spiritual support for patients and family members when death is pending or has occurred or whenever a patient or family member needs to talk to someone
- Concern or information about advance directives
The chaplain is on duty Monday through Friday during regular business hours. A Catholic priest is available upon request.
To contact a chaplain:
Monday - Friday during regular business hours
All other times
Pastoral Care Department
Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center
100 Sentara Circle
Williamsburg, VA 23185-2833