Our adult and senior behavioral health inpatient programs provide diagnostic services and treatment for people 18 and older who are in crisis due to mental illness, emotional distress or destructive behavior patterns.
Team Approach to Behavioral Health
Our approach to care provides individualized treatment for adults and seniors that combines the diverse specialties and talents of our experts, including:
- Certified psychiatrists
- Psychiatric nurses
- Nurse practitioners
- Mental health technicians
- Grief counselors
- Substance abuse specialist
- Recreational therapists
- Social workers
Because our treatment facilities are located within local hospitals, patients have access to the full range of both psychiatric and medical care. This is especially helpful for patients experiencing symptoms that are confusing and impact their physical health.
What does Inpatient Treatment at Sentara Behavioral Health Services Include?
At Sentara Behavioral Health Services, we believe in focusing our treatment on the person, not the symptoms. Our comprehensive inpatient treatment services include:
- 24-hour nursing service
- Daily treatment planning meetings with a physician
- Medication management and education
- Nutritional consultations and counseling/education
- Case management and discharge planning that actively engages the patient and family
- Family therapy, as clinically indicated
- Group therapy
- Patient education groups
- Recreational therapy and pet therapy