Why Choose Sentara?
Sentara Home Care Services is the quality choice for the home healthcare you need. We teach, guide and assist our patients to achieve and maintain their highest level of independence. We are also committed to be respectful, compassionate and aware that it’s an honor to be invited into your home to serve and partner with you on your healthcare journey.
Full Spectrum of Home Care Services
Sentara Home Care Services offers a full spectrum of services to meet the individual needs of patients of all ages.
- We are able to provide care to help manage a variety of conditions at home, including respiratory conditions, heart failure, diabetes and more.
- We are always looking for ways to improve care, comfort and safety, and have leveraged technology and easy-to-use remote monitoring tools to help make this possible.
- Our team of physical, occupational and speech therapists teach, guide and assist our patients to get back on their feet after surgery and help them relearn and practice the activities of daily living.
- Patients receiving intravenous medications through infusion therapy at home find it safer and easier than ever thanks to our state-of-the-art, user friendly, ambulatory infusion pumps.
- We also offer a service for patients with life limiting illnesses and can help the patient and family better handle the transition. More than just the care of the patient, however, hospice also provides an invaluable support system to the family, with services available even beyond the patient’s passing.
We Provide a Team You Can Trust
Physicians, patients and family members experience the ease of dealing with just one home care agency and the peace of mind knowing that agency is backed by Sentara, a health system nationally recognized for its excellence of care.
Our exceptionally trained staff of skilled professional caregivers provides the same high quality care that physicians and patients alike have come to expect from Sentara. You can be confident that our highly credentialed, carefully selected and screened staff will treat patients and family members with the utmost care and respect. Team members may include:
- Registered and licensed practical nurses
- Physical/occupational/speech therapists
- Home health aides
- Respiratory therapists
- Medical social workers
- Medical directors
- Pastoral counselors
- Registered dietitian
Our team also includes specialists in orthopedics, oncology, wound care, infusion therapy and geriatrics.
Accredited, Award-Winning Care
Sentara Home Care Services is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC) and belongs to a number of local, state and national organizations, including:
- National Association of Home Care
- Virginia Association of Home Care
- AHHC: North Carolina Home Care Association
- National Association of Hospice and Palliative Care
- Elevating Home
Sentara Home Care Services has been ranked in the Top 10 Home Care Agencies in America by Home Care Magazine over the past several years, and has won the Best-Practice Award for Asthma Management (American Association of Health Plans). The agency is Medicare-Medicaid Certified for home health and Medicare-Medicaid & Tricare hospice certified.