With years of experience and training, our team provides comprehensive, advanced treatment and support for people with all types of brain tumors. At the Sentara Neuro-Oncology Center at Norfolk General Hospital, you’ll get the answers you need.
Sentara Neuro-Oncology: Why Choose Us?
As part of the Sentara Cancer Network, the Neuro-Oncology Center features highly skilled brain tumor specialists. People throughout Virginia, North Carolina and the entire Mid-Atlantic region come to us for many reasons:
- Expertise across many specialties: Our top specialists in neurosurgery, medical oncology, radiology, radiation oncology and pathology provide the best diagnosis, treatment, and care available. Learn more about our experts.
- National recognition: Sentara is Virginia’s first system to receive accreditation from the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer as a Cancer Network Program.
- Skill in brain tumor treatment: Our highly experienced neurosurgeons and medical and radiation oncologists have years of expertise in treating most brain tumors. Find out more about our options for brain tumor treatment.
- Advanced technology: We have invested in the latest surgical, imaging, radiation and navigation technologies to provide you with the best treatment options.
Brain Tumor Treatment: Sentara’s Comprehensive Approach
We offer a range of advanced treatment options at our dedicated brain tumor center, including:
- Minimally invasive surgical techniques mean quicker recovery time for you.
- Pinpoint radiation therapy targets hard-to-reach tumors.
- Advanced imaging technology allows our surgeons to view and remove tumors more accurately.
- Precise and targeted combinations of chemotherapy drugs destroy malignant tumors.
- Access to clinical trials for new and innovative treatments and procedures means that we can offer you additional options to treat your brain tumor.
Your Expert Care Team for Brain Tumor Treatment
Our goal is to remove brain tumors using the best evidence-based techniques and procedures. We work together to develop the best treatment plan for you:
- Our team of neurosurgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, radiologists and pathologists collaborate on every single case.
- We compare notes and experience and use the latest medical and scientific literature to develop the best individualized plan to remove the tumor.
- We continue to work with you as your health partner after treatment to make sure you have all you need to regain your best possible health.