Sentara Epilepsy Center
Sentara has been helping people with epilepsy live full, active lives since 1990. Our specialized center is designated a Level 3 Epilepsy Center by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers (NAEC). Our track record of successful treatments – even for complex forms of epilepsy – helps you gain control of seizures and your life.
For more information about the Sentara Epilepsy Center or to make an appointment, call us at 877-310-8713.
Exceptional Epilepsy Care
There are more than 40 types of epilepsy and no two people experience the condition in the same way. With decades of experience, our program has treated thousands of people. We address symptoms and help you overcome challenges so you can move forward with your life.
Our expertise includes:
- Confirming or ruling out epilepsy in people who just started experiencing seizures
- Treating epilepsy that responds to seizure medications
- Evaluating and treating epilepsy that does not respond to seizure medications
- Relieving the side effects of seizure medications, including nausea and dizziness
- Helping women with epilepsy find the family planning options that are right for their lifestyle
- Diagnosing and treating seizures that occur during sleep