Our Epilepsy Experts
At Sentara, treating complex forms of epilepsy is a team effort. Our specialized center is designated a Level 3 Epilepsy Center by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers (NAEC). We are one of few programs in southeastern Virginia and northeastern North Carolina where experts specializing in many aspects of epilepsy care come together to put an end to seizures. Our team approach helps you return to an active, happy life.
For more information about the Sentara Epilepsy Center or to make an appointment, call us at 877-310-8713.
Sentara: Our Team Approach to Complex Epilepsy
Our team of experts works together to evaluate your seizures and recommend a personalized treatment plan, all with the goal of improving your quality of life to the fullest extent possible. Read more about treatments for epilepsy.
Our team includes:
- Neurologists specializing in epilepsy care (epileptologists)
- A psychologist specializing in thinking and memory problems (neuropsychologist)
- A certified physician assistant specializing in epilepsy
- Electroencephalogram or EEG (epilepsy testing) technologists
- Imaging experts specializing in brain imaging (neuroradiology) and nuclear medicine
Exceptional Care for Complex Epilepsy
Our team approach is one of many ways we help people with epilepsy gain control of seizures. Your care may also include:
- In-depth evaluations: We are one of few programs in the Hampton Roads area performing around-the-clock evaluations to pinpoint where in the brain your seizures start. This detailed information allows us to customize your treatment plan. Read more about epilepsy evaluation.
- Full range of seizure medications: As epilepsy specialists, doctors at Sentara have access to seizure medications that are not widely available, and tailor your dosage to meet your unique needs.