Why Choose Us?
At Sentara Neurosciences Institute, our specialists are experts at diagnosing and treating a comprehensive list of neurological conditions. From common problems like traumatic head injuries and Alzheimer’s to highly complex brain cancers, our doctors develop a treatment plan that best suits your individual needs.
Highly Specialized Neurology Care in Virginia
The Institute and its partners provide the most advanced care of conditions that affect the nerves and nervous system, such as stroke, head and spine trauma, epilepsy and movement disorders. The Institute is nationally recognized for its dedicated specialty centers focusing on research, care and treatment, including:
- Sentara Sleep Center
- Sentara Primary Stroke Center
- Sentara Epilepsy Center
- Sentara Music and Medicine Center
- Sentara Neuromuscular and Autonomic Center
- Sentara Parkinson’s Disease Program
- Sentara Pain Management Center
Sentara Neurosciences Institute provides patients from southeastern Virginia to northeastern North Carolina with the latest technology for neurological diagnosis and treatment, as well as ongoing research and clinical trials.
Our specialists collaborate together to provide a unique team approach to care. Our team includes:
- Sentara neurologists who specialize in conditions such as movement disorders, epilepsy, strokes, autonomic disorders, and sleep disorders
- Skilled neurosurgeons
- Physician assistants and nurses
- Music therapist
- Autonomic lab technician
- Occupational therapists
Highly collaborative by design, these teams meet weekly to review cases, look at new literature, and discuss the latest advancements in care.