Preparing for Your Visit
A little preparation in advance can help you get the most from your visit with us. Record your sleep schedule and habits in a sleep diary over the course of two weeks. When is it difficult to sleep? How often do you have problems sleeping? Note sleepiness that you feel in the daytime and how it affects your ability to function.
The National Sleep Foundation (NSF) offers an online questionnaire, the Epworth Sleepiness Scale, to rate your level of daytime sleepiness. Also available on the site is an outline for a sleep diary. Visit the NSF web site, www.sleepfoundation.org.
Initial Office Visit
Sleep Study Visit
- Sleep Studies - What to Expect and Instructions
- What to Expect: Daytime Study
- What to Expect: Home Sleep Test
Education and Support
Register for the AWAKE Support Group for sleep apnea patients and their families and meet with other people who live with CPAP.
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- American Sleep Apnea Association
- National Sleep Foundation
- Narcolepsy Network
- Restless Legs Syndrome Foundation
- General Sleep Info