S.A.F.E. Fall Prevention Program
What is S.A.F.E.?
Sentara Awareness for Falls Education
Services provided by the Sentara Therapy Centers for fall prevention education and exercises:
- S.A.F.E. is an individualized exercise and education program designed to improve flexibility, strength, balance and walking endurance, with periodic follow up visits with a physical therapist over the course of 12 months to monitor progress.
- The goal of S.A.F.E. is to reduce the risk and the fear of falling.
Who would benefit from the S.A.F.E. program?
- Anyone that has experienced a fall recently, feels unsteady, or has a fear of falling
What conditions are addressed with the S.A.F.E. Program?
- Generalized weakness
- Walking Instability
- Decreased Balance
Facts about falls:
- More than 30% of people 65 and older fall each year - this increases to 50% for those over 80.
- Two-thirds of those who fall, will fall again within 6 months.
- 20-30% of those who fall suffer moderate to severe injuries.
- More than 18,000 seniors die from falls each year.
How does a patient begin the S.A.F.E. Program for physical therapy services?
Contact us to schedule an evaluation: 855-852-9066855-852-9066.