Wheelchair Evaluation and Clinic
Many conditions may result in the need for a wheelchair for mobility. A physical or occupational therapist can analyze an individual’s needs and provide useful recommendations for the proper type of wheelchair. These recommendations often help maximize the level of function of those with disabilities and assist them in achieving their personal mobility goals.
A physician must refer the patient for a wheelchair evaluation.
The wheelchair clinic offers people a variety of seating and mobility services. Visit the wheelchair clinic to:
- Meet our physical therapy/technology professionals
- Be evaluated to determine the best wheelchair and seating options to meet your specific needs.
- Learn about all the features of the wheelchair that would suit you best.
- Learn about insurance reimbursement, timelines and costs involved in receiving a wheelchair.
- Get on-site repairs and cleaning of your wheelchair with no appointment necessary.
- Test drive equipment recommendations for your to find the optimal fit for you and your family.
- Call 757-261-0820757-261-0820 for more information or to schedule an appointment at Sentara Therapy Center - Leigh.