Phillip Jackson, FACHE became President of Sentara Albemarle Medical Center in November 2019. Jackson will build upon several recent quality and safety achievements in the 182-bed facility. He is responsible for implementing strategic initiatives and providing leadership to the hospital and outpatient facilities' staff as well as ensuring the operational and financial success of the medical center. Phil is board certified in healthcare management and is a Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives.
Prior to this role, Jackson served as Vice President and Chief Executive Officer for Erlanger East and North Hospitals in Chattanooga, T.N. for five years. Jackson also served two years as Regional Operations Executive for Davita Healthcare Partners in Western Tennessee overseeing 21 outpatient dialysis centers. Prior to Davita, Jackson was Associate Professor and Chair of the Health Care Management Degree Program at Baptist College of Health Sciences in Memphis, Tennessee. As a retired senior military officer, Jackson served 30 years in a variety of duty assignments to include naval warships, the U. S. Marine Corps, overseas, Department of Defense corporate headquarters and military hospitals.
Current Professional Affiliations
- American College of Healthcare Executives – Fellow
- National Association of Health Service Executives
- Academy of Healthcare Management – Professional Board Certification
- Regent University (Virginia Beach, V.A.) – Doctorate of Strategic Leadership
- Naval Postgraduate School (Monterey, C.A.) – MS in Management (Finance)
- National University (San Diego, C.A.) – BA in Business Administration