Diabetes Self-Mangement Ed - Separating Fact from Fiction
November 06, 2018
Tuesday, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Sentara RMH Medical Center Computer Lab L533 (CR5)
CLASS IS FULL
Have you just been diagnosed with diabetes? Or have you had diabetes for awhile and still have questions? The right education and support makes self care of your diabetes more manageable and helps you navigate your plan of care for staying healthy.
Learn the basics of diabetes self-care in a group setting. Sessions are led by a diabetes educator and a registered dietitian.
The following topics are covered:
- Introduction to Diabetes
- Taking Medications (correctly)
- Monitoring (learning to use results)
- Reducing Risks (for complications)
- Being Active
- Problem Solving (for different situations)
- Healthy Coping
- Healthy Eating (meal planning, carbohydrate counting, eating out and limiting dietary fat).
Medicare and most insurance plans cover a portion of the costs. For further information on cost call 540-689-1181 to speak with one of our Diabetic Educators. Support persons welcome to attend as your guest.
Registration is required. Please contact 1-800-SENTARA (1-800-736-8272) if you need to cancel.