Hand in Hand Resource Mothers Program
Having a baby when you are a teenager can be very difficult for you, as well as for your friends, family and father of the baby. Whether the baby is planned or unplanned, teen mothers face a number of health risks during and after pregnancy. Hand in Hand is a program for those 19 years of age or younger.
The Hand-in-Hand Resource Mothers Program is here to help.
- Provide rides to doctor appointments
- Help you figure out how to get the things you need for you and your baby, like child care
- Help with the day-to-day challenges that you may face
- Show you how to deal with being a new mom and understand how your baby will be growing
- Invite you to our support groups so you can talk with other teen moms
- Offer support, guidance and encouragement
Hand-in-Hand Resource Mothers Teen Pregnancy Support Group enables you to share with peers and receive education on pregnancy and parenting. Join us for our monthly support group meetings for pregnant teens and teen mothers.
Bring your baby and enjoy meeting new people who are facing the same challenges you may be. The group offers support, education and answers to your questions. Dads are welcome too.
Follow the links below for more information on each group:
- Harrisonburg Support Group
Meets the fourth Monday of each month
For more information, please call 540-564-7151540-564-7151.