Tobacco use and exposure to secondhand smoke remain the leading causes of preventable illness and death in the United States. Life expectancy for smokers is 10 years shorter than for non-smokers. Secondhand smoke kills more than 41,000 people annually in the United States. (CDC, 2019.)
Ready to Quit?
Tobacco Cessation Toolkit
The contents of this toolkit can assist you with stopping tobacco use. These PDF files can be downloaded by clicking on the links below and can be used as a resource to stop using tobacco products.
- Tobacco Cessation Resource Guide
- Tobacco Cessation Tips
- Tobacco Cessation Action Plan
- 20 Minutes After Quitting Tobacco
Get Off Your Butt: Stay Smokeless For Life
Optima Health designed a free tobacco cessation program called “Get Off Your Butt: Stay Smokeless for Life”. It is a self-paced program created to help tobacco and electronic cigarette users quit. It teaches about the nature of nicotine addiction and effective ways to control dependency and addiction through an audio portion and booklet found below:
- Listen to the audio portion of the Tobacco Cessation at-home program
- Download the Tobacco Cessation booklet
- Download VAPING: The Truth about Electronic Cigarettes brochure
This information is intended for individuals who are 18 years and older only and those living in the Sentara/Optima Health service areas.