Last updated May 18, 2020
Patients are allowed 1 visitor except:
- COVID-19 confirmed or suspect patients are not allowed any visitors.
- Family Birthplace: Mothers, regardless of COVID status, may have one visitor.
- Emergency Department: One visitor. No visitors for COVID-positive or COVID-suspect patients.
- Hahn Cancer Center: No visitors.
- Sentara Medical Group: Patients visiting our clinics may now have one visitor for adult patients and two for pediatrics.
- End of life visitation:
- Non-COVID patients may have up to two visitors at the discretion of the nursing team.
- COVID positive patients: Visitation is determined on a case-by-case basis.
Visitor safety guidelines:
- Visitors 12 and under are prohibited from our hospitals.
- Visitors will be screened before entering the facility. Anyone with signs of a respiratory infection (fever, cough, shortness of breath) will not be allowed to enter.
- Visitors must wash their hands or use hand sanitizer when entering and exiting patient room.
- Visitors must stay in the patient's room the entire time of the visit. Loitering in any public area is not allowed.
- Once a visitor leaves the patient room, they must leave the hospital immediately.
All visitors are required to wear a mask and observe social distancing guidelines.